Friday, January 22, 2010

The xx




Today is dedicated to my new sweet, simplistic, gentle loves; The xx. They make me want to lay in the park with my head resting delicately on the slowly rising and falling chest of someone whispering sweet nothings in my ear as sunshine warms the soul. These new and inexperienced 20 year olds fresh out of London sport self created hair styles as they emotively sing of their uncontainable feelings of love and desire. It is so genuine and real that it seems they can only engage in hushed discourse as the strong bass seems to guide them along their uncertain path. I personally love their confident use of silence in their music. As ironic as that may seem, the silence makes me anxious for more! It is a bit more emotional than I am used to, but far too spectacular to deny!

No comments:

Post a Comment