Sunday, January 10, 2010

Paradise found!

Quickly after my return from a recent trip to the Bahamas, I found myself googling various tropical fish and becoming increasingly inspired by their colors, patterns, and contours. Many doodles later, I found myself on style.com looking at some pretty amazing runway collections for Spring 2010. In the wake of a grim 2009, and after a sequin and fur-filled New Years, it seems like Spring runway shows are becoming some sort of expression for the "out with the old, in with the new" idea. In other words, I think that things are freshening up. Maybe Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler went on a excursion to the Bahamas, or maybe I'm a bit off the boat on this one, but I'm sensing a tropical vibe to the Proenza Shouler Spring 2010 RTW Collection.

See what I mean? The cerulean blue, canary yellow, and electric green, not to mention black striping pattern makes for such a brilliant combination!
*

No comments:

Post a Comment