Saturday, January 23, 2010

Style Crush: Dvf

I love prints. I love color. Therefore I love Diane von Furstenberg!
I've followed her collections over the past few years, and am a huge fan. Because her runway shows are always saturated with prints and crazy colors, some criticize her style as being too static. But I disagree--I find her designs to be dynamic, imaginative, and fluid. They're also consistently bold and fabulous! Part of what has made Dvf so successful is her talent in creating a broad range of prints, while maintaining cohesive collections that are distinctly Diane. To me this is admirable. Below are a few photos of my favorite looks from her Spring Resort '10 runway show. I find her costumey crayola-colored bows to be hugely instrumental in unifying the collection: they add splashes of color to each look, while also adding that special "aw" factor! (I'm a huge fan of any and all trends that are reminiscent of my childhood.)
What do ya think?

(side note: I think that these particular models are unhealthily skinny,
but I picked these photos to post based on designs themselves)
*

No comments:

Post a Comment