Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rain rain go... nowhere! Stay!

Oh the rain. I love how it cleans up our dirty little city.
The fresh water covers the smog saturated air, it is like I can breathe again.
In and out. The skyscrapers as pristine as the wild mountains.

I especially enjoy listening to Fake Empire by The National during a good rain.
"Tiptoe through our shiny city
with our diamond slippers on
do our gay ballet on ice
bluebirds on our shoulders "
It makes my wet oxfords seem so much more appealing as I imagine each bead of water as a perfectly set diamond
and as i slip on my way to class I am merely doing a "gay ballet on ice"

I think that this song is lovely.
His deep voice seems to wrap around you and hold you still
even if it is only for a second.


Also, rain fashion.
I didn't know how great it could be until the wonderful Sartorialist opened my eyes to this wonderful little hooded coat.
This baby makes rain look good:)


No comments:

Post a Comment