Tuesday, September 14, 2010

DUSEN DUSEN

in front of inspiration board/work table
a top for Fall '10
some prints for Fall '10

I interned this summer with Ellen van Dusen, a designer hailing from DC but currently based in Brooklyn. She earned a degree from Tufts, where she made her own plan of study, focusing on the science behind aesthetic preference. She started DUSEN DUSEN after college, and continues to make comfy dresses, skirts, and backpacks in super unique prints! I conducted a mini-interview with her, and this is what she said..

1.) What inspires you?
I am particularly inspired by contemporary art, specifically the work of Tauba Auerbach, Ben Jones and Francine Spiegel. But I tend to find inspiration everywhere, the sky, the city, the subway, my friends... and the list goes on!

2.) What words define DUSENDUSEN?
fun, bright, cool, comfortable

3.) What's the best part of your job?
What I love about clothes is that no matter what you are wearing, you are saying something about who you are with your style. I love that people are able to self-identify with something that I have made.

Here are some Fall '10 looks:



buy some of her stuff! it's great!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment